Voice of Sailor Moon, other famous anime actors turning 50 this year
Talk about Anime…..Who doesn’t love them?
But while the heroes and heroines of anime stay eternally young, their human voice actors do grow older.
@animeveryhope10 recently Tweet a list of famous performers, including the talents involved in some of the biggest anime hits ever, who have turned 50 this year, or will before the start of 2018. Wah lau…this really makes us feel old, sia!
Let’s pay a tribute to some of the biggest names on the list, and their most famous roles:
- Kotono Mitsuishi: Sailor Moon (Sailor Moon), Misato Katsuragi (Evangelion)
"Rei Ayanami is worst girl"
Said no one ever pic.twitter.com/ByzbZdXsZQ
— 🏳️🌈Alex B💖sWorick's D🍆💦@ H O M E🏳️🌈 (@xMugenYoruichix) November 28, 2017
- Megumi Hayashibara: Rei Ayanami (Evangelion), Ranma Saotome (Ranma 1.2), Lina Inverse (Slayers)
- Takehito Koyasu: Hotohori (Fushigi Yûgi, Kiryu Toga (Revolutionary Girl Utena, Ryosuke Takahashi (Initial D)
- Akira Ishida: Kaworu Nagisa (Evangelion, Xellos (Slayers, Athun Zala (Mobile Suit Gundam Seed)
- Kazuya Nakai: Ruronoa Zoro (One Piece)
- Akiko Yajima: Shinnosuke Nohara (Crayon Shin-chan)
- Toshiyuki Morikawa: Griffith (Berserk)
- Yuji Ueda: Amiboshi, Suboshi (Fushigi Yugi, Sagara Sanosuke (Rurouni Kenshin), Keitaro Urashima (Love Hina)
- Mitsuo Iwata: Kaneda (Akira), Itsuki Takeuchi (Initial D), Kintaro Oe (Golden Boy)
The other, less prominent performers also on the list are Yoshiko Kamei, Konami Yoshida, Takeharu Onishi, Nobuyuki Hiyama, Tsuyoshi Koyama, Rikako Aikawa, Fujiko Takimoto, Taiki Matsuno, Kazunari Tanaka, Maya Okamoto, Nozomu Sasaki, and Akiko Hiramatsu.
While the list is sure to make long-time anime fans feel old, But….that’s not the point.
@animeveryhope10 simply wanted to highlight that there were many outstanding vocal talent was born in 1967.
And what’s even more amazing is that a handful of the individuals on the list are still voicing those characters, specifically Mitushi as Sailor Moon, Hayashibara as Rei, Nakai as Zoro, and Yajima as Shin-chan.
Now…it’s hard for fans to imagine any other voice coming out of the characters’ mouths, so don’t be surprised if some of them are still at it when they turn 60.
Here’s cheers to long, good life!
Images and article source: https://en.rocketnews24.com/2017/11/30/nine-famous-anime-voice-actors-turning-50-this-year-including-the-voice-of-sailor-moon/ & ©SoraNews24